Homemade Biscuits, Legos and Turds.....
a true mother's story.





Posted by Picasa


homemade is not usually associated with biscuits in our home. not if i have anything to do with them! i have been on a mission to try to teach our children how to cook and take care of themselves. last week, i cooked lasagna with josh and this week, homemade biscuits. i did not use lard, sorry, i'll eat heavily saturated biscuits all day, but i can't "make" anything with it, yuck! anywho....josh, i am learning, is resistant to change, and while learning new skills on his skateboard or video game thrill him, cooking has been a challenge. tears and stomping, leaving the kitchen. he has called forth every ounce of parenting skill i have to be cool. i don't have lots, let me tell ya. my goal will be to have each of my kids cook one meal a week for the family, and enjoy the process. ok, i know it is a stretch, but i want them, particularly josh, to learn to eat what is presented, and appreciate what a gift it is to have a meal prepared for you. i may be coming int he back door with my approach, but i think i will accomplish the same goal.

love the cute shots of him. he did have fun making them, half the battle with him. the taste....well, let's just say they ain't grandma's.he was disappointed, and only 2. emmarae and i managed more than that, we thought they were great!


now, again, let me refresh myself, my goal is to "teach them how to cook and take care of themselves". well, josh and i also tackled his bedroom this weekend. let me ask you, in your mind, do you see anyway how Legos and dog turds look alike? yea, conjurs-up a bad image, sorry. but when your room is a disaster, and you have Legos alllll over, dark Legos from Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean you can't see the dog turds at all! omg, i am ashamed of the mess i cleaned-up from his room. how did i not smell this? I have THE best nose in the family...... they were old and dried-up, no less.......i digress. Lucy, our now 5 pound mini dachshund, is no longer allowed in the house without a personal body guard. EVERYONE has been read the riot act on her misdemeanors.......good thing she is cute! I wonder what i am teaching.........


J

Comments

  1. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Oh, Judith, you make me laugh!
    Go, Josh -- cooking biscuits! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscuits...yummy! Next time I am there, tell Josh I need biscuits for breakfast! :)B

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Betty Crocker! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts