Let's just call this one
FRIDAY......
Well, the day started out uneventful enough, and then started slowly turning toward eventful. Shower, take the kids to school and off to see the Dr. (she is really a PA, but i think she is awesome). I waited just over 15 extra minutes to see her, not bad and then spent 15 minutes with a nurse, being "interviewed" about medications I am on, antiquing and my bp, temp kinda things. So, enter the PA, she is happy and smiling. (i was there 2 weeks ago because i have been having chest pain. facial pain and numbness, all on the left side. i had an ekg, that was great and we did some blood work....take prilosec and come back in 2 weeks) Back to today. Blood work is a mystery, they can't find it...nurse and PA scurry around to locate....10 minutes later, a hard copy of my work is in PA's hand. Now, we talk. "I have not had any more chest pain" I cheerfully announce. "I never would have believed it was heartburn 2 weeks ago". She pulls out the "body map" and shows me how precariously close to the heart the esophagus is, and says the pain is reffed?deferred? to the chest cavity.......ok. Then, she looks at me with a sideways grin, she says, "3 F's". "What?" I reply. It is an old term, used by male doctor's, that stands for "fertile, fat & forty" she explains....the grin is because she is FFF and so am I. Sad thing is, dr's push-off women's health issues under this category as an "explanation" if you will for what ails them.
FFF.....I am numb past that part of the visit. I have a note from her that tells me to take Omega-3 1000mg ea, 3x a day with food. Slow release/non flushing Niacin....come back in 3 months.
nothing like a dose of reality to get 'yer friday off to a grrreat start! I must have been in shock for a bit, I don't remember leaving, or checking out....should we go ahead and add FORGETFUL and make that 4 fs??? i dunno. i remember taking a call form my friend beth and next thing I know, it is 1:30 and we are meeting at thehttp://screendoor.comground.com/. Love this place. The day is now good and we are forgetting the 3 f's.
Spending time with beth is always a blast. we have lots in common children, husbands, shopping, scrapbooking, photography......lots. I'll summarize my day by saying, she spent the night!
Remember the Screen Door...we left her car there and I drove. All day, all around we shopped. When we were ready to end the evening, and go back to the car, we met trouble. The Gate. yep...small detail looked over by me, and my 4 f's! should make that a b on the end, BLIND. in our defense, there was no sign indicating gate would be locked. So, our girls event turned into a sleepover!
I couldn't possibly type anymore about the evening after we got home at 9 pmish.....we stayed up until 3 am. talking and laughing .....looking at magazines. Thanks Beth, I had a super weekend with ya! a little end-of -the-week-retreat!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. What? No story behind the pictures.....no commentary???? Now, let's not deprive your loyal blog viewers of the true comedy of the situation!

    Made me smile for some odd reason, though!
    :) B

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...only you girls! Sounds like you had a great time...wish I was along with you all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:37 PM

    hey mama!!!!! ha ha ha VERY funny!! I know this is kinda weird but if u were blonde then that would be a REALLY good blonde joke!!
    hugs and cookies,
    EmmaRae

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts