Battle of the Books
I have to back-track. Sorry. Last Friday, the 7th EmmaRae competed in her first BOB event. If you are not familiar with the program, neither am I. EmmaRae totally did this on her own. I believe you had to read 32 books to even be considered to participate. here is a link to that list and you can navigate the site and learn more if you are interested.http://www.ncslma.org/BookCompetitions/BoBstate/bobbooklist2007-2008.htm
I couldn't be more proud of EmmaRae and the team. They conducted themselves like true leaders at the event. You can see EmmaRae sitting on the end at the table. It was so quiet in there I felt like I was being too invasive if I took photos. I snapped 3. Funny side note, my librarian from high school, "jake" was there. She looked great and has been retired for 9 years. My librarian from middle school, was a judge at the event next door. Librarians age well. This team of mostly 6th graders finished in 3rd.
Congrats EmmaRae.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts