PARI
pisgah astronomical research institute

Posted by Picasa
Saturday....well, for starters, I was tired because I didn't get home until late Friday night. So, Saturday morning I woke the kids to get ready for EmmaRae's 8:30 game. opppps, that is for next week, I must have rushed yesterday in my excitement to go shopping. Josh did have a game at 11. I honestly couldn't tell you if they won or lost, but it was the last game! We brought Eric home with us, well AFTER we went to PARI www.pari.edu I loved this place. It was so cool to hear the history and to know that the first images of the lunar walk were transmitted to here. and images from the Hubble as well. So much history there, and now they are in the process of transferring glass plate images to digital for all the world. Images form space that are over 100 years old! Amazing stuff.
We went through star lab. a huge blow-up planetarium. it wasn't Chapel Hill quality, but pretty darn cool and interesting. I have more images under photography (to the left) if you wanted to see the large satellites. PARI was once a secure NASA location, from '62-'99. Lots of things were removed by our government for security reasons........Saturday was good.

Comments

Popular Posts