Saturday fun....


Posted by Picasa
Look what we made!
Patty and I saw birdhouses on our yardsale adventure that were made with license plates, and we were like, we can sooooo make these!
So, we sought license plates on our journey a few weeks back .
Today, Patty came over with old wood from crates and some cedar.....copper tacks and Tinker, our assistant dog. In my basement, we created these little houses.
From directions off an internet site, we measured and pieced our way through the first few! Patty is a great craftsman, such eye for detail.....
my "goal" was to have a project that the family could do, and this was it. I did not know that EmmaRae would NOT use an airgun or drill! Stubborn kid.....she did screw the 4 roof holding screws in. Her house was done.
Josh on the other hand was a natural!
He (amazingly) listened to every tip I gave him. He used the airgun, the drill. He did want to make me nervous by saying he wanted to randomly fire the gun....and other remarks that feaked me out, but he was kidding. Hard to tell with him. He made the second house by himself!
Sorry i don't have better pictures, the dust was thick(not good for my camera) and like i said, i was nervous. i did not take my eyes off him.
I was a nice saturday. Thanks Patty.

Comments

Popular Posts